Weobley Castle Farm
- Overview: New build agricultural workers dwelling within the grounds of a working farm and listed ancient monument. The land sits on the edge of the salt marsh estuary of North Gower.
- Modern vernacular agricultural styling is deemed appropriate given the location, including a generous amount of glazing for maximum light gain and connection to the view.
- Palette: The choice of materials echo the rural, unfussy architectural styling; vertical untreated larch cladding on an insulated timber frame construction, metal profiled sheet roofing, marine grade aluminium windows and doors and galvanised rainwater goods.
- Sustainable energy sources feature within the build including Air Source Heat Pump, PV’s and a charging point for an electric car.
- Currently on site, due for completion October 2020
- Project team: Main Contractor – Bickford Construction, Structural Engineer – kPa Consulting Engineers