- Overview: New build detached dwelling within the grounds of a working farm. The land sits on the edge of the village settlement boundary within the conservation area + AONB.
- The design has contextual references to historic long barns prevalent in the area (Kennexstone) and is sympathetic to the surrounding forms of agricultural buildings.
- Palette: limestone, larch/oak/ash/birch, glass and steel appear internally and externally throughout the house.
- Drama is created with the use of double height spaces, floor to ceiling doors, a mezzanine level, window seats and balcony spaces.
- Sustainable energy sources feature within the build including Air Source Heat Pump, PV’s and a charging point for an electric car.
- Completed Spring 2018
- Project team: Main Contractor – Lloyd Builders + Carpenters, Structural Engineer – Vale Consulting Engineers